Dmitry Stogov wrote:
I think the following example is much better, however I am not sure it's a
right direction. Namespaces are intended to declare names that can conflict
with names from other namespaces (including global namespace), do I am not
sure that we need special keyword for internal functions.

We'll think little bit more. Anyway thank you for feedback and idea.

<?php
namespace UTF8;

overloaded class Exception {
}

overloaded function strlen() {
}
?>

I could live with this. Would this only override built-in functions or any function in the global scope. Or, rather, would you have to do this for all functions in the global scope? If so, I see a new problem. =) If I write my project using name spaces, and have all my functions inside the Phorum namespace and some other project does not use namespaces and has the same function name, my project now throws errors if I do not use overloaded.

--

Brian Moon
Senior Developer