Lester Caine wrote:
I keep being told that the PDO drivers can be extended to include all of the things already available in the native driver, but the second you do that they become incompatible, so in addition to the PDO driver you need to also run the native driver simply to provide the areas NOT covered by PDO. We need a generic framework that addresses the real problems not one that creates an artificial lowest common denominator strangle hold :( PDO could evolve into that, but not with it's current restrictions.

Hi Lester,

Can you list the current restrictions as you see them?

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Tel:  +1 650 506 8630