On 8/24/07, Steve Francisco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip!]
> Thanks Daniel, I can certainly do that in Java without much trouble,
> however I was hoping to avoid needing to do things in each php file to
> convert argv into $_GET.  I want to be able to serve standard PHP
> without modifying each one.
>
> But you made me realize there is a way.  I wrote a small "pre.php" file
> like this:
> <?php
>         #
>         for($i=1;$i<count($argv);$i++) {
>                 $variables = split("=",$argv[$i]);
>                 $_GET[$variables[0]] = $variables[1];
>         }
> ?>
>
> and in my php.ini, I set this:
> auto_prepend_file =e:\php523\pre.php
>
> Now it works fine without having to modify the php code!  All I need to
> do is have the Java code set up the html parms as argv, and I'm done.
> -- Steve

    That was actually what I was getting at, but because I went to
test it on my own box to be certain it would work, I apparently forgot
to type it into the email.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272

Hey, PHP-General list....
50% off for life on web hosting plans $10/mo. or more at
http://www.pilotpig.net/.
Use the coupon code phpgeneralaug07
Register domains for about $0.01 more than what it costs me at
http://domains.pilotpig.net/.