Andrew Mason wrote:
Hi guys,
Just a quick question. I've recently been looking  at changing over
our code to use the PDO interface to a mysql database.

Currently we are using MySQLi but after looking at the PDO interface i
personally prefer the way API is presented (not saying mysqli is bad
or  anything like that...completely personal). I was just wondering if
there was any performance or latency hit by using PDO with mysql 5.

From what i have benchmarked there isn't any at all, but since PDO
came back faster for a few things i'm not sure how accurate my
benchmarks were =)

Just looking for some feedback.

many thanks
Andrew

I have not done the benchmark recently, but here is what I found last year. It just depends on what is important to you.

http://dealnews.com/developers/php-mysql.html

--

Brian Moon
Senior Developer