Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
> As for multiple namespaces per file, it adds certain complications, both
> syntax-wise and engine-wise, so I'm still not 100% convinced it is worth
> it.

Which are?

Remember, we both found, independently, that combining separate files
yields from a 10-30% performance increase.  I have only talked to 2
developers who would be using namespaces that don't want this feature.
Of course, these two developers are the only people who would be using
namespaces with commit access to the Zend/ tree, but that doesn't make
the feature unnecessary.  If you'd like, I could put you in contact with
developers who have been struggling with combining files for several
years now.

Anecdotally, I heard of a recent file-combining optimization to a very
popular CMS that resulted in a 45% performance improvement.  Improving
the SQL queries led to only 9% improvement, so really the only reason
not to implement the multiple namespaces per-file patch is if you
actually *want* a large number of php devs to be annoyed at you :)

Thanks,
Greg