On Dec 5, 2007 3:03 PM, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What I'm frustrated with is not questions and arguments, but the same
> misconceptions about namespaces repeated over and over after it was
> explained multiple times it is just not what namespaces are and how they
> are supposed to be used. I value feedback and discussion a lot, however
> just repeating misconceptions about namespaces does not add anything to
> the discussion. I apologize if it come out too harsh, but I really wish
> people (not meaning you or anybody personally here, just in general
> about the recent discussions) would take some time to get acquainted
> with the subject and ask questions if necessary instead of just
> repeating wrong things and basing far-reaching conclusions (like "let's
> remove namespaces altogether") on misconceptions.

I understand where you are coming from, I really do. I have dealt with users
most all of my adult career, ranging from telephone support for Adobe, up to
providing forum-based support for my current position as a web developer. I
am just coming from a personal attitude that sometimes it's better to not
say anything at all, then it is to just add fuel to the fires. For the
record, despite whatever the original intention of the first poster was, I
wasn't inline with taking namespaces out. I was just trying to add my
feedback (and apparent confusion) to a discussion about namespaces and what
is important to me as a developer.

> I am concerned with this too. However I don't see any way to prevent
> misuse but education.

And I, at least, appreciate that. For any project, I would shudder to think
the amount of problems that would happen if developers added/removed to/from
their project without a second thought, just because a user asked to do
something.

> There will always be people not satisfied with current solution.
> However, not seeing any new arguments, going in circles is just a waste
> of time.

I agree and disagree. I agree that as developers, you can't please everybody
all of the time. That is a given. But, what I disagree with is that if there
are enough people (and I do not mean the same exact people) asking for
something, then at the very least, that something should remain on the table
for discussion. Now, I admit that there may be discussions that I've missed
or misunderstood, so I apologize if this conclusion was already reached and
I am just not aware.

> PHP manual does not have it yet - but PHP sources do have it. And these
> topic were also extensively discussed on the list. As for the manual,
> it's in works, so if you want to help with it you are welcome.

Hm. After you made your original reply to me, I went to PHP's website and
found namespaces in the manual:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.namespaces.php, hence my reply.

And yes, I would be more than happy to help out in any way that I can with
the development of PHP.  :)

--
It looked like something resembling white marble, which was
probably what it was: something resembling white marble.