On 12/20/07, Antony Dovgal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 20.12.2007 12:41, Alexey Zakhlestin wrote:
> > it doesn't make sense to put some of these functions in libraries,
> > because they are really once-used.
>
> It makes perfect sense to keep all your functions in one place instead of
> spreading them all over the code.
> And no, this kind of "optimization" doesn't make your code run any faster.

if this was a comment to inline-optimization I mentioned, then it
actually would make my code run faster (I use PHP for quite unusual
tasks)

> >> So here is what we _actually_ get with this anonymous function syntax:
> >> 1) Yet another way to make the code unreadable and overcomplicated.
> > it is not unreadable. it is perfectly readable for people with
> > modern-languages background (and I don't mean 1 or 2 languages, I mean
> > majority)
>
> A new syntax that conflicts with currently existing one (or looks very
> similar to)
> doesn't make code more readable, it adds more confusion instead.

should we change "function" word on "lambda" word there to make
confusion smaller?

> >> 3) 10 people happy because they got a new toy.
> > "thousands" is a closer number
>
> Does this mean you do admit that this is just a new toy? (pretty useless, but
> funny) =)

I admit, that I do programming, because it is fun
If it is not fun, I get bored and switch to other task

this functionality would make programming of some tasks more fun and,
as result, will lead to greater productivity

--
Alexey Zakhlestin
http://blog.milkfarmsoft.com/