On Jan 4, 2008 4:52 PM, Gregory Beaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But I *don't* want my functions to take an argument of arbitrary type -
> it is in fact you who are missing the point.  A type hint is a poor
> solution to a real problem that is much more easily solved via simple
> input validation and graceful error handling.  The current situation in
> PHP provides a much more flexible solution to the same problem.

Unlike our OO strictness (E_FATAL!!), nothing will prevent you to use
it. You still like to take care of any kind of types for your
arguments (with all associated magical pains and useless tests), you
can do it. That's not the case for use who likes to use stronger
arguments (and we are talking about arguments only here).

Cheers,
--
Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org