Sam Barrow schrieb:
Keep in mind that your "do_whatever" would actually be a trigger error
with an error message including the name of the function and parameter
number.

I did not make the point of my code clear enough. do_whatever is not the code that triggers the error, but the code that handles the error.

My point is that I think people will start checking parameters before they call a function to avoid a fatal error. This is more code and uglier, because you'll have to repeat it for every function call, instead of once in the function body.

Even if they put an explicit typecast into a function call, like
foo((int) $something) error handling code would have to be provided in case the cast was not possible.

Regards,

Stefan

--
 >e-novative> - We make IT work for you.

 e-novative GmbH - HR: Amtsgericht München HRB 139407
 Sitz: Wolfratshausen - GF: Dipl. Inform. Stefan Priebsch

 http://www.e-novative.de - GnuPG Key: 0x7DB67F7F