On 11 Jan 2008, at 14:28, Mark Dennehy wrote:

b) Commit square bracket array shortcut patch
  keys and values are separated by double arrows.
Breaks backwards compatibility to save typing five characters. See
above. -1.

It doesn't break backwards compatibility; the new syntax is an alias, not a
replacement. The older array() syntax will still be in place, if I've
understood the earlier posts correctly.

Maybe I did not express myself well enough: this introduces a new syntax for something that isn't broken that doesn't work on existing PHP versions.

--
Geoffrey Sneddon
<http://gsnedders.com/>