Am 07.02.2008 um 11:02 schrieb Jani Taskinen:

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 01:43 -0800, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

Well, plenty of people know about this feature and make use of it.
Especially since it has been documented to work this way for a long time.
See: http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.variables-order

But was it really designed to work like that? :)

Anyway, I guess there's no other way out of this than creating another
ini option, say "request_variables_order" which controls whatever goes
in $_REQUEST. But would the "variables_order" still control the overal
situation? For example when it is set to "GP" and
"request_variables_order" is set to "GPC", would $_REQUEST have all of
$_GET / $_POST / $_COOKIE regardless what "variables_order" has in it?

Mh, "request_variables_order" is probably not the best idea given it can be pretty confusing when compared to "variables_order" - and nore so if you look at what "variables_order" really does; the only "order" it defines is that of the $_REQUEST merging, but I doubt many people know that removing something from that var also suppressed the respective superglobal entirely.
Maybe "request_populate_order" or so?

- David