On 14/02/2008, Pierre Joye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Stan,
>

>  On Feb 14, 2008 1:52 AM, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > Hi!
>  >
>  > Do I understand correctly that current [HOST=] and [PATH=] functionality
>  > for PHP works only for CGI/FCGI sapi? Is there any reason for other
>  > SAPIs not to do it (except for the obvious - lack of implementation :)?
>  > I know there's .htacess for Apache, etc. but there may be setups that
>  > might prefer to deal with php.ini...
>

> We first discussed about fastcgi as a first step but the goal is to
>  support this syntax in all SAPI (well, cli makes little sense). It was
>  thought as a replacement for htscanner (see pecl) but without its
>  limitation.

Whilst having HOST= may not make much sense for CLI, PATH= can be useful.

Say you have a live and test websites (either by HOST=test.domain.com
or PATH=C:\Sites\Test\Domain\public_html). The live site will have no
errors displayed. The test site will have them displayed (maybe).

For CLI having C:\Scripts\Live and C:\Scripts\Test is useful as this
will provide the same functionality as non CLI.

So, if you can please allow PATH= for CLI (rather than just assume it
is of no use and ignoring it).

I can't think of how I would use HOST= in CLI, unless maybe you could
get the machine's name (stretching for an idea here).

Thank you.

Richard.

--
-----