It might be to late to keep it simple, once you add basic language
components like IF-ELSE as you can see people already want basically
another programming language embedded into it. It is my opinion that
the INI files should be simple configuration files. Otherwise they
will become more and more feature rich and people will start shifting
program complexity from the PHP application to the INI file. This
might not be the intention of the people in this list as you are all
pretty sharp, but have you read some of the online tutorials on php? I
just think this kind of feature would be badly abused...

-Chris