Hello Felipe,

Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 4:21:20 AM, you wrote:

> Hi.
> Looking on "Feature/Change Request", i have seen curious things, and i
> think that them should issue any error message. See above.

> ---

> Bug #39915 - Trying to access the index of an integer should throw a
> warning:

> Actual result:

> $a = 1234;
> $a[0]; // Not shows error

> Proposed:
>  - Shows error message (Fatal error, as happens with objects) for
> integer and float variables.
>    http://felipe.ath.cx/diff/bug39915.diff

This patch results in two error message for type long, one complaining about
long, one about double. You can use function zend_get_type_by_const() to
avoid this. Also make sure that we see the new style message for type bool
and anything else that is not handled right now (aka just use default case).

> ---

> Bug #42852 - Inconsistent message when creating default object from
> empty value:

> Actual result:

> $obj1->p = 1; // Shows 'Strict Standards ...'

> $obj2->p[] = 1; // Not shows

> $a = 1;
> $obj3->p = &$a; // Not shows

> Proposed: