Hello Rasmus,

  not really. We can have a table that keeps track of which class was
declared in what file. Then we could actually break down files into class
definitions and only import the requested part. In a perfect world each
class would be in its own file. A file would only create a single class and
nothing more or contain the code to generate output, probably some short,
flat procedural code. Then each of these files would get compiled and
cached. And loaded from those output generating files...

marcus

> Marcus Boerger wrote:
>> Hello Stefan,
>>
>>   any dynamic aspect of a class has brought us to problems in inheritance
>> and required us to design the objct/compile model in a way that
>> inheritance often is done at run time. Imo traits are a way out of this.
>> In fact I'd love to issue a deprecated message as soon as class is found
>> outside of a main block.

> That would mean deprecating autoload as well since autoloading a class
> is effectively the same as defining it outside of the main block.

> -Rasmus

Best regards,
 Marcus