Hannes Magnusson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 3:51 AM, Steph Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>  does anyone have any objection to the proposal at
>>  http://wiki.php.net/rfc/peclversioning?
>
> The first step in fixing the core<->pecl relationship? \o/
>
> Looks good.
> But what about extensions that are symlinked to core? Will they need
> to update their version info during core release cycles?

The version number should only change if extension code has been
changed.  The fact there is a symlink is not really relevent.  PHP
will have an issue with any extension at PHP release time if the
extension code is still marked -dev or -beta.

Open question: do we want an extension's version to be the same in its
PHP 5.3 and its PHP 6 code base?

> It obviously shouldn't have a -dev version when distributed with PHP..
> Is it up to the RM to hunt those extensions down and make sure the
> version info is accurate?

I'd suggest so.

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Tel:  +1 650 506 8630