Dave Lee wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a patch that I'm hoping might be useful to PHP developers, at least
> those using PostgreSQL. The patch provides case folding of string keys
> during hash lookups. The need for this comes from ...

> My question to the list is, can this functionality be added in a way that
> doesn't adversely effect developers who won't use it, but helps us
> PostgreSQL users and anyone else who might find it useful?  Judging from my
> searches on the subject, it's not an uncommon impedance for PHP/PostgreSQL
> users.

Oracle columns names are similarly case insensitive - unless the table
was created with quoted column names.  Users can see similar issues.

I think a PHP solution is more likely to need to be handled the way
PDO does, see PDO::CASE_xxxx.  However, what about creating an RFC on
the wiki to share what you have done and found.  Do you have any
benchmarks?

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Tel:  +1 650 506 8630