On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Janusz Lewandowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/7/7 Guilherme Blanco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> The end of life cycle of PHP4 is 08-08-08, so people expect one last
>> release in this day as the last release.
>> Some of you are telling that release something now contradicts your
>> master plan, but you missed something.
>>
>> If you don't release something in 08-08-08, what will people think?
>> That PHP4 died in 08-01-03.
>> Why? Because their last touchable release is that one.
> PHP4 died 07-12-31.
>
> If PHP team will release next version of PHP4, PHP 4 end of life
> announcement will lose it's meaning, and the not yet upgraded webhosts
> won't have any reason to upgrade.

When you have an application that has millions of lines and you rely
of an specific major version, you'll understand my mean.
I already tried to move to PHP5, without success. Lots of code changes
and weird behaviors. Complete rewrite needed, no time for that.
One last release to address last found issues seems perfect for this case.

Otherwise... why have these fixes being applied? If it'll not be
released anything after the end of support, why apply security patches
there?
So all the efforts of people have done to address important holes in
PHP4 was useless, don't you think?

Regards,

--
Guilherme Blanco - Web Developer