Hi Dmitry,

> I like the idea, and I think we don't need --enable-signals options.

I would like to have this enabled by default and this would be very easy to
change. We¹ve been running in production for a few months and we use the
option to make it easier to disable at build time for testing. Ideally no
one will need to enable an option to make something safer or faster if there
are limited consequences. Unless there is a request for ‹enable-signals I
will plan to update the patch without it before a commit.

> BTW I'm not sure about committing it into 5.3. It's a question to RM(s).

The patch is against 5.3 for convenience and I also have this patched
against 5.2.x if anyone would like to try the feature on the latest release.
I¹d personally like to see this in 5.3 but I know it¹s little late in the
cycle. Whether there is a 5.4 cycle or not might change where this would be
best land. Lukas, Johannes?

-lucas