On 2008/07/18, at 19:06, Richard Quadling wrote:

2008/7/18 Moriyoshi Koizumi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

running test1.php ends up with two lines of "bar", surprisingly. This is somewhat confusing, but surely one of the things that could not ever be done. This might be a great help when you use a PHP- script file as a mark-up template.

Moriyoshi

It was my understanding that include-d functions were added to the global scope (or I suppose the active namespace).

So, in that context, function b() use($a) {} should be getting the $a from the global scope where $a == "foo".

I would say that getting 2 "bar"s is wrong.

Lexical scopes are completely irrelevant to which namespace the function belongs to.

Moriyoshi