Hey guys;

On Aug 27, 2008, at 7:36 AM, Johannes Schlüter wrote:

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 10:46 +0200, Derick Rethans wrote:
There was a run-tests.php rewrite application accepted for gsoc this
summer.. I however haven't heard a word about it since then..
Does anyone know the status of that project?

Still no reply to this? I suppose the project is then not going
anywhere. Can any of the GSoC admins see if something happened with
reviews here?

Nothing happened there, neither student nor mentor filled out the final survey nor did I see any code. (but that's also true for projects doing
quite well)

Sorry about this guys. A large part of this is my fault. The time I could devote to this quickly evaporated as the summer wore on. I tried to get someone familiar with project to take over as mentor a little over half way through, but everyone else was tied up too. Couple that with someone that got in over their head and, well, the GSoC project just couldn't make it.

All that said, I'm shooting for a 1.0 of PHPT by the end of the year. That will have complete running of the php-src tests, parallel test running, and full support for Windows (thanks in large part to all of the testing of PHPT that Elizabeth Smith has done).

Michal - I would love to have some help on this. As I alluded to here, there is already a replacement for run-tests.php in the PHPT project (phpt.info). It's 0.1 release was a rewrite of PEAR_RunTest, so there are some discrepancies between what it can do currently and what run-tests is capable of. If you would like to help out, feel free to ping me off-list or on phpt-dev for some guidance.

-T