Hi!

I was unclear there, sorry. I was thinking of the situation where 'I use a class that happens to have the same name as the namespace in a third-party lib I need to use in my application'.

Why would you do that? I.e. suppose there's library having namespace Zend::Controller::Action::Plugin - why would your name your class Zend::Controller::Action::Plugin and not Steph::Controller::Action::Plugin?

As it is now, every call to class::method() not accompanied with use should produce E_WARNING.

? That's certainly not how I read it.

That's what is says:

If the "use" statement is missing, an E_WARNING should also be thrown to alert the user to the ambiguity
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]