As another example, anyone with half a brain and more than 10 minutes experience with the internals of PHP knows that it'd be ridiculous to suggest that PHP's array type be re-written to act like Java or .NET. The fact that it is ridiculous is implicit, we all know it, it doesn't need to be said.

Hi,

I don't know why case sensitivity as I layed it out, is put in the same group as ideas for removing $ from variables or redoing the PHP primitives, or what have you...

Knowing the guts of PHP doesn't protect people from making really bad proposals, as anyone following this list for some time is well aware.

Core devs know the PHP engine well, but sometimes have little idea of accepted standards, syntax and common workflows in and outside the PHP community.

Also: those truly "hilarious" joke replies some people keep producing on this list, including to this thread: they're not funny. The idea of OSS forums like this list, isn't to generate easy entertainment for bored programmers.

A valid point elsewhere is lost everytime a thread heads this way.

Regards,
Stan Vassilev