Hi,

Ok so I had a quick chat with greg and reread his proposal and it's actually a sound proposal.

My original concern was that if we don't implement proper subset of "namespace scopes" we'll have difficulty extending PHP in the future to support function-local use declarations etc.

However Greg's proposal is in fact a strict subset of scopes, which could be extended in the future in a backcompat nature.

It also covers all use cases by the community, so I'm "+1", if anyone is counting that is. Sorry for the noise :)

Regards,
Stan Vassilev