Andrew Rose wrote:
2008/11/17 Ting Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hi everybody,

sorry this is a greenhand's stupid question. Why isn't "0.0" false? I
know it is a string but I still think it equals to 0.

I think you answered your own question there.

Andrew

What he means is that == is not transitive. That is,

"0"   ==      false
But
false   !=      "0.0"

The answer to "why" is, well, that's the way it is. "0.0" just "looks" too much like a string, maybe, to be made into a boolean. You can just cast it into int like (int) "0.0" to make it work, however.

Federico Lebron