Robin Fernandes wrote:
Cool, looks like this has gone in already. A couple of comments:
1. I think the change has not been made for callbacks (so callbacks
now behave differently from normal method invocations).
2. Perhaps on 5_3 and HEAD, the equivalent change should be made for
__callStatic()?

Addressing those two points would make things even more consistent.
I'm adding some testcases to illustrate.

I fixed the callback case in 5_2. Need to talk to Dmitry about 5_3 and HEAD because zend_is_callable_check_func() is damn complex now.

-Andrei