Hi Pierre,

>> Would any of the PHP Windows guys like to comment on this?
>
> I did, and the reason behind this proposal was about solving the VC*
> problem for the end users (we have to add another condition to check,
> which CRT is used) :)

I'm sorry for asking again, maybe I'm just plain stupid ;-) but I'm not
quite sure how to interpret your response (I've no idea what VC* problem
you mean anyway, I never had problems with PHP under Windows at all):

So, basically, my situation would still work, even with the build ID?
To clarify what I'm doing currently:

1. Build PHP with additional extension in ext/$name with VC8 (VS 2005)
   on machine A (developement machine).

2. Install both VC6 and VC8 runtimes on machine B (production machine)

3. Install official PHP build or Zend Core (compiled with VC6) on
   machine B

4. Copy the extension DLL (compiled with VC8) to machine B and use it
   as a PHP extension.

(This *does* currently work with PHP 5.2.x - at least for me.)

Regards,
Christian