On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 22:43, Giovanni Giacobbi <giova...@giacobbi.net> wrote:

> The problem turned out to be an invalid interpretation of the HTTP/1.1
> protocol with "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" by the HTTP stream context, which
> caused get_sdl() to parse a WSDL including the chunk tags (hex numbers).
>
> Chunked encoding is used by Apache 2.0 when "Content-Length" is unavailable,
> the data content being sent is large enough, and the protocol is HTTP/1.1.

PHP streams do not support chunked encoding, and I assume SOAP doesn't
either (although it does reinvent bunch of things, I don't think
chunked encoding was added). I thought the docs were quite explicit on
the subject.. if not, please open a doc bug.

> <?php
> $opts = array('http' => array('method' => "GET", 'header' =>
> "Accept-language: en\r\nConnection: close\r\n"));
> $context = stream_context_create($opts);
> stream_context_set_option($context, "http", "protocol_version", 1.1);
> fpassthru(fopen('http://localhost/ws/catalog?wsdl', 'r', false, $context));
> ?>

Changing the protocol version is "at your own risk".
If you want a full real HTTP support, you have to use the pecl/http extension.

> 2) Without the "Connection: close" header the stream blocks until http
> timeout. It should instead detect the chunk with 0 bytes and return from the
> fpassthru().

That however is a valid bug, which I have actually seen couple of
times myself.. never debugged it and just assumed I did something
weird :]

-Hannes