Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
> Hello,
>   I just have a question, often there are 'optional' parameters to
> functions, I've always thought that most of the time I could pass null
> to these if I wanted to leave one empty. This has as far as I can tell
> always worked except recently I was using substr(). If I pass null to
> the third param, I get nothing back. Isn't passing null the same as not
> passing anything? Is this a bug? Or is my logic flawed?

I know Ilia recently fixed a few functions that didn't ignore null
parameters, but it doesn't appear that substr() was one of them.

Triple check the problem reproduces with the latest snapshot
(snaps.php.net).  If it's still broken then log a bug (bugs.php.net).

Chris

--
Email: christopher.jo...@oracle.com  Tel: +1 650 506 8630
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/ghrd    Free PHP Book: http://tinyurl.com/UGPOM