Eric Stewart wrote:
A new RFC for PHP's proposed INI files have been added to the wiki. Below is
a direct link to the page.
http://wiki.php.net/rfc/newinis

Eric Lee Stewart
ericleestew...@gmail.com

Eric,

Thanks for the work put into this.  My comments follow.

Chris

---------

The section on devel & prod setting differences looks nice but it does
become a maintenance task.  Since diffing files is easy (and
relatively obvious), I'd suggest removing this section from the files.
You may want to keep it in the RFC text so reviewers can get a quick
idea of the intent of the differences.  It's also not immediately
obvious from this section whether the given values are the defaults,
or what is set in each file, or set in the other file.

In the section on extensions.  IIRC, you can now use absolute paths.

Change all "http://us2.php.net/manual/en/"; to "http://www.php.net/manual/";
(Maybe the doc team can confirm whether to keep the "en")

oci8.events and oci8.old_oci_close_semantics are boolean, so we can
take this opportunity to change the 1 and 0 to On and Off.

--
Email: christopher.jo...@oracle.com  Tel: +1 650 506 8630
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/ghrd    Free PHP Book: http://tinyurl.com/UGPOM