Hi,

> variables_order:  They should be the same on dev and prod.
>
> request_order:  Seems like it should be the same.

Caution! I've read several times in this thread that request_order
should be set to something that also contains C. This is DANGEROUS.
request_order was specifically introduced to determine the order of
variable merging that leads to $_REQUEST, while variables_order defines
the variables that are assigned *at all* (and without register_globals
and with request_order, the _order is actually misleading).

So: request_order should *ONLY* be set to "GP" in order NOT to have
cookies popping up in $_REQUEST - else everybody who uses $_REQUEST is
vulnerable to CSRF.

Also, a recommendation for request_order only makes sense as "GP" (on
both production *and* developement machine) and setting variables order
to "GPCS".

Furthermore, the comment in the ini file that request_order is in there
for performance reasons is just PLAIN WRONG and gives the impression
that setting it to "GPCS" or empty will just cost a little performance -
where it clearly allows for CSRF if people use $_REQUEST.

Regards,
Christian