We'd like to have your opinion on our "next steps", what is the most
important feature according to you:
- The development of the central aggregator

Yes, we run 24 boxes with PHP on them running the same code base. When we have the occasional PHP error, it will be logged over and over and over and over until someone sees it in the log. Usually the next day. We are talking notice/warning level stuff here of course. If we could have all the errors in file foo.php on line 999 in one interface, it would be nice. We have started on apps several times to aggregate the error logs into a database.

- Collecting more info related to an "event" (content of variables
$GLOBALS, $_GET, $_POST,...)

GET, POST and COOKIE would be useful to allow for a recreation of the environment. Not sure about globals.

- alert systems (SNMP, Mailing, ...)

SNMP would be most flexible. I guess some small shops would want direct alerting. We use Nagios and Cacti to montior our servers. So, SNMP would let us see trends using the tools we already use. Also, using something like the spread protocol could be useful to allow custom listeners for events.

One question is what type of performance impact are we looking at here?

Brian Moon
http://brian.moonspot.net/