On 10.07.2009, at 19:58, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:

Hi!

right .. lets not forget the original goal (though it hasnt been perfectly defined) the idea was to move common validation code out of the function body to
> reduce code, increase readability and enable IDE's to be even smarter.

I think while intent is good (avoiding repetitive code) the strict implementation would do exactly the opposite of what should be done - it would move the repeated validation from library code to client code. WHich would negatively influence both readability (in case you do it right) and code robustness (in case you forget to do the necessary checks).

+1 ... this is one of the key points i tried to make in my RFC.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org