2009.09.10 15:25 Tony Marston rašė:
> There is no set_up_language() function, and what has SquirrelMail got to
> do with PHP?
>
> Unless you can point to some official documentation on the PHP web site
> your "advice" is totally unsubstantiated and virtually worthless.

This "advice" is the only advice that you got. :) It might be worthless,
but it comes from PHP script developer who specializes in
internationalization stuff and who had to make sure that his stuff works
without any .htaccess modifications in environment thrashed by
mbstring.func_overload.

Setting mbstring internal encoding to 'pass' fixed string length
evaluation issues in code which worked with random 8bit strings. Those
random strings store encoded passwords and any data corruption would
result authentication error. ereg and mail overrides were not tested,
because code rarely uses ereg functions and does not use PHP mail().

Thanks to Dave for looking up the code I was referring too.

--
Tomas