Samuel ROZE wrote:
> It's a good idea.
>
> - PDO::NOTICES_FETCH -> PDO::NOTICES_ENABLED
> - PDO::NOTICES_NONE  -> PDO::NOTICES_DISABLED
>
> That's better ?

That works.

> I see that you are from the Oracle team. Can you explain me how oracle
> works to raise notices like PostgreSQL ? Or can you build a proof of
> concept to get notices from Oracle ?

I'm equating your NOTICES to Oracle's DBMS_OUTPUT.  See "Getting
Output with DBMS_OUTPUT" on p 181 of:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/php/underground-php-oracle-manual.html

Something similar could be coded in the PDO driver.

The amount of text output could be quite large, depending on the
user's coding style.  Is your design extensible enough to allow for
streaming/chunking if the interface needs to be enhanced?

PL/SQL also has compile time warnings and errors that are handled
differently, see "PL/SQL Success With Information Warnings" on p167.

Chris

--
Blog: http://blogs.oracle.com/opal
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/ghrd