Hi,

I'm writing here to take a point about the discussion. On one side, you
want to turn this functionality to a global function, like it is
describe into this patch and on the other side, you said that on MySQL
and Oracle we can get this notices with queries so it is not needed for
them but only for PostgreSQL.

Before continuing every development I want to make like a survey about
what I (or we) will do. Here are my proposals:

1. Make this functionality only for PostgreSQL, with a "pgGetNotices"
function.
2. Continue development for MySQL & Oracle, with the known that if
notices recuperation is enabled, PDO will have to do queries.
3. Let development at this stage waiting that somebody else propose a
notices patch for other Database than PostgreSQL.

Note: For MySQL there'is the mysql_info function
(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-info.html)

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Samuel.