Jess Portnoy wrote:
Hi Andrey,

I understand. If the the bit_xxxx macros are specific to mysqlnd then perhaps their usage should also be protected by an #ifdef MYSQLI_USE_MYSQLND?

by specific I mean that mysqlnd introduces them but they are valid for everyone who wants to be able to decode BIT columns sent from the server. Without these macros BIT fields are useless in the client, can't be decoded. Johannes did some change in a recent commit, but I am not sure if all of mysqlnd's headers are installed at make install. This should be the case or no extension that relies on mysqlnd will be able to compile as a module (with phpize).

May the source be with you,
Best regards,
Jess Portnoy

Best,
Andrey

Andrey Hristov wrote:
Jess Portnoy wrote:
Reason is MYSQL_VERSION_ID is defined here:
ext/mysqlnd/mysqlnd_libmysql_compat.h:#define MYSQL_VERSION_ID MYSQLND_VERSION_ID
And then, included here:
ext/mysqli/mysqli_mysqlnd.h:#include "ext/mysqlnd/mysqlnd_libmysql_compat.h"

Same is done with MySQL and PDO_MYSQL.

May the source be with you,
Best regards,
Jess Portnoy

MYSQL_VERSION_ID is also defined by libmysql/MySQL server. Only if you use pre-5.0 libmysql headers this should not compile. the bit_xxxx macros are specific to mysqlnd, not exposed by libmysql.

Andrey

Jess Portnoy wrote:
Hi Andrey,

Yes, it compiled just fine with my patch.
Even loaded :)

May the source be with you,
Best regards,
Jess Portnoy

Andrey Hristov wrote:
 Hi Jess,
does it compile after that, because I guess it doesn't. We use some macros from that header file to be able to handle bit types correctly in mysqli, when libmysql is used.

#if MYSQL_VERSION_ID > 50002
if (mysql_fetch_field_direct(result, i)->type == MYSQL_TYPE_BIT) {
        my_ulonglong llval;
        char tmp[22];
        switch (field_len[i]) {
          case 8:llval = (my_ulonglong)  bit_uint8korr(row[i]);break;
          case 7:llval = (my_ulonglong)  bit_uint7korr(row[i]);break;
          case 6:llval = (my_ulonglong)  bit_uint6korr(row[i]);break;
          case 5:llval = (my_ulonglong)  bit_uint5korr(row[i]);break;
          case 4:llval = (my_ulonglong)  bit_uint4korr(row[i]);break;
          case 3:llval = (my_ulonglong)  bit_uint3korr(row[i]);break;
          case 2:llval = (my_ulonglong)  bit_uint2korr(row[i]);break;
          case 1:llval = (my_ulonglong)  uint1korr(row[i]);break;
        }
#endif

Best,
Andrey

Jess Portnoy wrote:
Hello all,

My configure command is as follows:
./configure --disable-xml --disable-dom --disable-libxml --disable-simplexml --without-pear --disable-xmlreader --disable-xmlwriter --without-iconv

I then archive the result and use it to build various PHP extensions, among which MySQLi. Since I did not configure with mysqlnd, I do not have ext/mysqlnd copied onto $PHP_PREFIX/include/php/ext, causing this following code to fail compilation:
#include "ext/mysqlnd/mysqlnd_portability.h"

Attached is a suggested patch for php-5.3.1/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c and php-5.3.1/ext/mysqli/mysqli_api.c, basically:
+#ifdef MYSQLI_USE_MYSQLND
#include "ext/mysqlnd/mysqlnd_portability.h"
+#endif

Thanks in advance,