I'd rather see two other things that are missing, support for
dynamic object and array de-referencing like
(new class)->method() and get_array()["index"].

I honestly don't see func()()()() make anything better in the
world of a PHP programmer.

The array de-referencing and dynamic objects are much more common use cases in PHP than call de-referencing, has anyone even needed (or wanted) to do a func()() before? I haven't.

That being said, it probably should work unless there's a good reason not to allow it to work.

-Clint