Hi!

When I use one, I consider it exotic/obtuse/unusual enough to require
self-documenting code, with a temp variable whose name include
'closure'.

By "use" I meant not "use it so rarely that it's an exotic hack for me that I have to explain what I did here", I mean "write code that relies on this as routine language feature". Maybe I'm moving too fast though and closure use is not that widespread in PHP, maybe it never will even.

Maybe if I was typing all closures all day in PHP I'd see more need
for it, but are you really doing this that often?

No, I don't do that often - but as soon as I started playing with it, I felt the need for this syntax, that's why I did it. I think it's usefulness depends a lot on how much you use them, so maybe I have to wait and see if it will be mainstream enough.
s...@zend.com   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: s...@zend.com