On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Richard Lynch <c...@l-i-e.com> wrote:
> On Sat, January 23, 2010 2:26 pm, steve wrote:
>> The guys at Zend muscled in to change the culture as well, and have
>
> I'm not sure that's a fair representation of the historical reality of
> how Zend came into existence...

OK. I don't think it is/was a bad thing. PHP needed that.

> And how is the non-Zend PHP "not full"?

Well, one would think that an op-code cache would have made it into
the PHP distribution by now, but such a thing would have competed with
the Zend products, so they weren't.

>> Enough time has passed for a new round to
>> wrestle control. We'll see how the FBJIT goes. Which just goes to
>> show, if you really want something done, put some muscle into, take
>> over or fork. Or keep to yourself.
>
> Sounds good.  Which are you doing? :-)

I was talking about the FaceBook JIT -- FBJIT. I understand they
didn't get quite as much performance out of it as their cross
compiling. For now at least. Two different groups of people anyhow.