On 5/3/10 10:48 PM, Moriyoshi Koizumi wrote:
Hey,

Just to let you know about a new RFC for adding autoboxing feature in PHP.
Look at http://wiki.php.net/rfc/autoboxing .

I liken this to pecl/runkit. "For all those things you.... probably shouldn't have been doing anyway". It will create a world where scripts are not portable. And if you need that for your internal project, that is fine. But, having this as part of the PHP core would be a disaster. This is even more heinous than __autoload(), IMO. SPL fixed this for autoload. I would support an SPL extenstion to treat primitive types as SPL objects. They are standardized. Not random.

Brian.
--------
brianlm...@php.net
http://brian.moonspot.net/