Hi Stas,

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> I mean that any code packer can degrade the the functionality of your
>> app. Example:
>
> Fix your "code packer" not to do that.
>
>> I didn't mean we should stop the discussion. I meant that like many
>> others over the years lead to nowhere if we don't take the correct
>> action: vote.
>
> How it's the correct action on this stage? We obviously don't have consensus
> on what this feature should be - we are just looking for a possible solution
> now. How voting can help? People would just say "yes, I want Annotations"
> while meaning totally different things by it (or without really
> understanding what they vote for/against). How that's useful?

Maybe... for those that have an idea about what it is, which would
filter by hundreds  the voters, it would work.

>> So I'd recommend (although I didn't like how it was written) the Java
>> Annotation wikipedia page:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_annotation
>
> So, we are voting to have Java annotations in PHP? And people seriously
> voting FOR it? I mean, after reading all 40+ disjoint pages of the standard
> describing it in Java, and considering how that would fit PHP, they make an
> informed decision that that's exactly what PHP needs right now, correct?

Again, you change the meanings of something I write.
I do not want Java Annotations on PHP. But I want a clean way to
include metadata mapping on my class/property/method/function.
That said, I asked if PHP should support it as a poll... I'm not
requesting people to vote for Java Annotation, but I'm asking to vote
for metadata mapping that could be easily retrieved at runtime.

Is it understandable now?

It seems we both have strong arguments pro/cons it being included.
I doubt you will convince me at the same time I feel I'll never
convince you. That's another valid argument for a poll.

--
Guilherme Blanco
Mobile: +55 (16) 9215-8480