hi,

To avoid any possible issue or features introduced without consensus,
I'd to ask to first revert the current implementation from trunk.
There is clearly no consensus on this feature and the RFCs are either
incomplete or without actual implementations
(http://wiki.php.net/rfc/typechecking).

Then every developer involved in one of these proposals is free to
create a branch to implement or improve them. I would suggest to use
5.3 as base as it will be show clearly any kind of BC that could be
introduced.

Once a proposal is considered as ready for testing and
voting, then we can actually test its branch and take an informed
decision.

I will also proudly provide snapshots or builds for any branch at wish,
via the http://rmtools.php.net tools, like the onesones available here
(windows builds bot only for now, more coming):
http://rmtools.php.net/snaps/

By the way, this way of doing things is described in the release
process RFC, it is called a feature preview release.

Cheers,
--
Pierre