> Looking through trunk I think we are in pretty good shape.  I don't
> think cherry-picking and branch merging is an issue at this point.  A
> 5.4 with the performance improvements, Traits, minus the type hinting
> breakage is something we can get out pretty quickly without causing any
> sort of PHP 6 confusion or breaking existing apps.
>
> -Rasmus

I Second that. The 5.4 will be backwards compatible release to the 5.3
code as far as PHP applications are concerned. The only items that
would be "broken" are deprecated features we may choose to remove like
register_globals,magic_quotes_gpc,etc...

Having this release out, to let people realize the performance
benefits from core + apc bundling it offers would be supremely helpful
to all users of PHP.