Is it just unusually cold weather for this time of year or did the hell
just freeze over? :-o

Couldn't agree more on both points and I had the same thoughts about getting stuck with 5.x releases forever. And not getting any release out soon from trunk if this thread drags on too long.

Maybe even skip 6 like Andi proposed and declare that from now even major versions are never released. Only prime numbers count. 7 is a prime number and it's the lucky one too. ;)

--Jani

p.s. Somehow this reminds me of one particular discussion in around 2001 about the versioning scheme.. :D