Hello,
I've managed to change my patch to merge against trunk, there were some problems with interned strings optimization. I've created bug report with new patch:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=53866

I've changed hashing function again, it looks like working better than previous, but nothings proven.

What's to be done (this is listed also in bug report):
- http://lxr.php.net/xref/PHP_TRUNK/ext/standard/html_tables/html_table_gen.php#722 should be changed and html_tables.h regenerated, but this will need to rewrite hashtable engine from C to PHP,
- APC should be fixed.

Hi Marcin,

Can you mail the PHP Internals list and also the apc-...@lists.php.net
list when you have logged the bug?  I mentioned your patches to Gopal,
the APC maintainer, and he was interested to see what was needed.

Regards,

Chris