On 05/20/2011 02:05 PM, Pierre Joye wrote:
On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Dmitry Stogov<dmi...@zend.com>  wrote:
Hi Pierre,

On 05/20/2011 01:49 PM, Pierre Joye wrote:

hi Dmitry,

Nice improvements, thanks :)

Any reason not to have done the changes for windows as well?

Sorry, I'm not an expert in MS VC inline assembler.
As I remember in VC6 it was poor and didn't allow complicated things.
In case someone can add support for VC it would be great.

What's about putting the asm code in external file so it can used by
more compilers? (some has issues with inline asm, like VC in x64 mode,
other may have as well afair).

The main idea of the patch is inlining and I don't know how can I inline
from external file.

In simple cases the function call, parameter passing, prologue, epilogue
make more overhead than the opration itself. So the inlining is responsable
for 90% of speedup while asm optimization only for 10%.

Thanks. Dmitry.

As this patch is only GCC (and linux I suppose),

The inlining must be done on all platforms so it should affect Windows too.

I would suggest to
simply commit in trunk right now. Other platforms can implement it
later (I will do it for windows in the next weeks).

I'll commit on Monday.

Thanks. Dmitry.