On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 01:00, Andi Gutmans <a...@zend.com> wrote:

> In parallel I'd also see if there are any key extensions which we think are
> mainstream, stable and well maintained enough to be included. For example,
> http comes to mind.

People have been "afraid" of suggesting new exts to core due to the
"policy" of moving stuff from core to pecl, rather then vice verca,
which has failed miserably.
The only people who don't like our "*bang* you have all you may
possibly want" approach are the python lovers.

Gearman and memcache(d) are definitely something we should be bundling too.
ZMQ is also imo a good candidate.

-Hannes