> Hey John,
>
> What about writing your curry idea in plain PHP, as a proof of concept.
> Then you can show examples live and others can toy with it.
>
> I'm pretty sure most php developers are not used to curry -- or at least
> those who don't have functional programming skills

I'll consider this. The basic theory is pretty simple. You need an object that
identifies a parameter position, and a short syntax for referencing that
object. I think anyone familiar with currying should be able to get the basic
idea from that, so I don't think this stops the discussion from moving forward,
but if a userland implementation is needed to demonstrate why a parser level
implementation isn't, I can throw together something basic, or at least some
pseudo-code.

John Crenshaw
Priacta, Inc.