Thanks for the great work. More should be done on the front of helping
newcomers solve trivial issues imo.

On 23.06.2011 20:08, Felipe Pena wrote:
> $ sapi/cli/php -r 'class '
> Current:
> Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting T_STRING
>
> Patched:
> Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting
> 'identifier' (T_STRING)

identifier should not be quoted. The quotes are fine for "expecting '{'"
and "unexpected 'foo'" because those are text literals, but this implies
you were supposed to actually type "class identifier", which is
obviously not the intended message.

> $ sapi/cli/php -r 'class abc foo'
> Current:
> Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting '{' in
> Command line code on line 1
>
> Patched:
> Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'foo' (T_STRING), expecting '{'
> in Command line code on line 1
>

> As can be noticed, I added the actual scanned string in the
> "unexpected" part. This might be useful for finding really which makes
> the parser error. (It was a bit tricky though :D)

Good stuff, maybe "unexpected string 'foo' (T_STRING)" or "unexpected
string (T_STRING) 'foo'" would be more clear, but no big deal really.

Cheers

--
Jordi Boggiano
@seldaek - http://nelm.io/jordi